Saturday, January 15, 2011

Love Don't Cost A Thing.

I went and saw Country Strong tonight. It was one of those movies that you really feel for the characters. You feel their hurt and their joy.  There’s this scene where Kelly (Gwyneth Paltrow) is talking to Chiles (Leighton Meester) about the music business. Kelly is listing off all this advice that Chiles should know before she makes it big. Always wear high heels, never wear satin on stage, get a good publicist, never hide anything from yours fans… and the last thing she says is don’t be afraid to fall in love. She tells Chiles it’s the only thing important in life.
As soon as she said it, I already knew what I wanted to blog about. When you actually stop and think about your life. What’s really important? Yah money is important and vital to eat and provide for yourself, and yes a job is important in order to make that money. I'm huge on your passions and dreams, they are out of control important..  But come on.. What about having someone to share it with? When you get a raise or a new car, or win a poker game with the guys, or buy awesome new shoes, or meet a celebrity, or watch an awesome football game or finally bake the perfect funfetti cake that doesn’t stick to the bottom.. Don’t you want to have someone to share those moments with? I know I do. I know I want to have that someone that gets so excited with me when I tell him I finished my book. That person I can call and laugh about how I got the funny bruise on my leg. Or how I can barely sit up because my abs hurt from the classes at the gym. That someone that will look me in the eyes and know I’m better than all the rest.
I’m a very observant person. A lot of the time I’ll just be sitting in class or at a restaurant and watch how people interact with each other. It blows my mind to see a girl and a boy fight against their affection for each other. They are in that awkward “I really like him, but I don’t want him to know” stage. That’s dumb and a waste of time. You only have 90 or so years to live.. do you really want to look back on your life and regret spending all those life changing moments alone? I’m sure a lot of this talk is coming from the fact I’m invited to 9 weddings so far this year, and the idea of spending your life with someone has been swimming around in my head lately.
I hope everyone takes a chance on love. Whether it’s right under your nose or 3000 miles away. Because sometimes the most random people that walk into your life are the ones that aren’t meant to be random at all.  I’m sure 10 different excuses just popped into your head. “I’m scared.” “We’re too far apart.” “There aren’t any good ones around.” “We’re too different.” “I like my freedom.” I’m sure a lot of people just haven’t found the right one. But I also know people that have found a perfect match, but weren’t willing to take a chance. How can you know, unless you try? And boys and girls.. it's one thing not to compromise, but it's a completely different thing to turn people away because you don't think they are "good enough." Give people a chance.. they'll surprise you.
I bought the Country Strong soundtrack tonight and there is this song called “Timing is Everything.” There’s this part that goes like this.. “I could've been another minute late. You never would've crossed my path that day. When it seems true love is hard to find. That's when love comes along just in time. You can call it fate or destiny. Timing is everything.”—Just make sure you don’t miss out on opportunities like that to find that special someone to live life with.

Quote: “I don’t know where I’m going, all I know is I want you there next to me.”
Confession: I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment