Saturday, January 15, 2011

Books, Semi Trucks, Friends & Fortune Cookies

     On my way home to BA yesterday, I was chasing daylight. I didn't really want to drive in the dark, so I was going pretty fast. I'm not sure if it was my excitement that was speeding up my driving, or the music I was listening to, but either way.. I made it home in record time. I was about 20 minutes away from home and It had gotten pretty dark. I was singing really loud just minding my own business.. I came upon a Semi truck and got in the other lane to pass him. (Semis and Darkness are not a good combination.) Mr. Semi didn't see me and started to change lanes. There was a moment where i thought my life was over, but then some awkward singing voice scream came out of my mouth. (Insert mental picture here) I swerved, slowed down, made close friends with the grass in the ditch, and kept driving. Never did it cross my mind to honk the horn. 
     In the past week every time I got together with friends to catch up on life, they would ask me how the craziest things happen to me. I really have no idea.. sometimes it's just out of control but at least my life never gets boring and i always have a story to tell. Last night I was able to spend time with some of my really close friends and catch up on their lives. I told a friend about a recent life experience I had, and the whole time she just looked at me slightly puzzled with a grin on her face just completely shocked at how I come in contact with such crazy situations. The rest of the night I spent wondering about that specific experience. Thinking about how crazy it actually was. When I got home, I knew exactly the next words I wanted to write in my book.
    For 5 months I have stared at the 10th page of my book wondering why I felt so confused about the next words to type. Last night, I couldn't stop. It was like a drug.. I would put my laptop down and pick it back up and type some more. It feels good to finally have direction for this book. Just one step closer to crossing this off my list. 
   Lately, I've been struggling with patience. Wednesday night, my mind would not stop racing. I couldn't stop thinking about how badly I wanted certain situations to happen. I kept telling myself that I needed to have patience if it was something I really wanted.  Then I got this fortune cookie.. 
Patience is a key to joy.
It really made me think. I mean it's true. Instead of trying to rush things, I just need to have patience, because eventually everything will come together. The things I want are worth the time and patience.. so for now I'm just carrying around this fortune inside my phone cover, frequently looking at it reminding myself that eventually the timing will be right.
     
Quote: "In ten years, you'll be more regretful of the things you failed to do than the things you did do. So throw away the fears of life and face the risks and discover what it truly feels like to live and love."
Confession: "I'm not perfect. I have flaws. I'm impatient sometimes and a little stubborn, but you are crazy if you let this opportunity pass you by. Because along with my flaws comes a lot of laughter. A ton of spontaneous adventures and most of all, more love than you can imagine."
          

No comments:

Post a Comment